COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
Trusting Heart Blood Center (THBC) is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our in our community. To ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, we have developed the following Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The THBC COVID-19 Preparedness Plan follows applicable state and industry guidance. In addition, we are also following the guidance of The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as requirements set forth by the AABB’s Focus on Donor Safety initiative.
Our plan addresses:
The following safety measure considerations have been adopted to protect everyone in the THBC community and demonstrates that safety is a priority and to inspire confidence in the process.
- Donation will be by appointment-only.
- Donor Center access will be limited to individuals with appointments who are not accompanied by others.
- The temperature of each donor will be taken at the time of arrival at the donor center.
- Donors will be required to use hand sanitizer upon entry to the facility as well as before and after donation.
- Public areas have been reconfigured to allow for 6 feet of separation between staff and donors where possible.
- Lobby seating for prospective donors has been configured to maintain social distancing.
- Trusting Heart Blood Centers are designed to ensure social-distancing and offer a semi-private donation experience.
- We ask that donors do not arrive early for their appointment. At the time of your appointment, check in at the entrance and a staff member will greet you and provide access.
- We follow strict procedures for cleaning and disinfecting all areas and have increased the frequency, such as cleaning the donor bed and other surfaces in the collection area after each donor.
- We serve each donor individually wrapped snacks and drinks and limit access to the canteen to maintain social distancing.